Monday 14 July 2014

End of school year

Well we are at that time of year where the school term comes to an end and our children break up for 6 weeks. This is the first time for my boy but he only goes to nursery 9 to 11am each day so its not as big an impact, I know he will miss going to school and seeing his friends though.

My boy had his school report and class photo's last week, I was so proud to read in his report that he is confident and eager to learn. He has always been, in my opinion, quick to pick things up and we have tried hard in play to get his little brain working with puzzles, memory cards, building train tracks, counting etc which he enjoys. His confidence is important to me as i feel I was shy in school and would like him to be more outgoing than I was in my school years. My boy has a couple of close friends in school already that he is always going on about which makes me giggle and seems to be quite popular so I feel satisfied that he will be ok when he goes full time.


I am looking forward in a way to my boy going off to full time school as I know he is ready for it, even though he will be one of the youngest in his class. It has been difficult the past couple of years working full time and juggling child care. We have managed to keep childcare for him in the family with his 2 grandparents helping us out and me and my partner working opposite shifts, we could not afford nursery care for him and prefer to keep it in the family. He has a good bond with his grandparents which I feel is due to him spending a lot of quality time with them.

I am sure I am not alone when I whine about having to get up at half six just to get everything ready and my boy dropped off to his nan's before I go to work for 8am, its such a rush and we all know too well if a 3 year old doesn't want to be rushed you have a fight on your hands. I never expected all the guilt you feel at leaving them when they want to spend the day with you and rushing them when they just want to be home watching tv when they first get up. Unfortunately though bills have to be paid and if you want to provide your family with the best you can then you have to work, it also sets a good example to them.

At least with going to school full time I don't have to worry about these issues any more with my boy, instead I am just going to start all over again when I have to go back to work with my second child. am I bonkers or what????!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment